Other webs:

Second Batxillerat
blogspot:http://laia2605.blogspot.com/
portfolio: http://laia2bportfolio.blogspot.com

I'm with you

dimarts, 8 d’abril del 2008

Few days ago, we were in the language room and we had to do some work to put in our blogger or portfolio. I didn’t know what to do and finally, I decided to start to translate an Avril Lavigne’s song called “I’m with you”.
I think this song is very nice, but until now I hadn’t paid attention in the some words of the song. For exemple, I didn’t now the meaning of theses words: figure out--> entendre/ Out of my mind-->boig / a mess-->desastre.
The word of “I’m with you” is nicer in English language than Catalan or Spanish language, but of my point of view the thing nicer of this song it’s the tune.
Also, I like this song because it’s calm and the voice of the singer, Avril Lavigne, is sweet.

Here, I leave the original song and its translation in Catalan.
Well, I put under the word of the song its video clip too if somebody wants listen the song ;)


I'm with you
Estic amb tu

I’m standing on the bridge
Estic parada al pont.
I’m waiting in the dark.
Esperant en la foscor.
I thought that you’d be here by now.
Pensava que ja estaries aquí.

There’s nothing but the rain.
No hi ha res més que la pluja.
No footsteps on the ground.
Al terra no hi ha passes.
I’m listening, but there’s no sound.
Estic escoltant, però no hi ha cap so.
---
Isn’t anyone trying to find me?
Ningú intenta trobar-me?
Won’t somebody come take me home.
Algú em portarà cap a casa.
---
CHORUS

It’s a damn cold night.
És una nit freda.
Trying figure out this life.
Estic intentant entendre aquesta vida.
Won’t you take me by the hand?
No m’agafaries de la mà?
Take me somewhere new.
Porta’m a algun lloc nou.
I don’t know who you are
No se qui ets
but I’m with you.
però estic amb tu.

I’m with you.
Estic amb tu.
---
I’m looking for a place,
Estic buscant un lloc,
I’m searching for a face.
buscant un rostre.
Is anybody here i know?
Hi ha algú que conegui?

---
Cos nothing’s going right
es va bé
and everything’s a mess.
itot és un desastre.

And no-one like’s to be alone.
I a ningú li agrada estar sol.
---
Isn’t anyone trying to find me?
Ningú intenta trobar-me?
Won’t somebody take me home.
Algú em portarà cap a casa.
---
CHORUS
---

Oh, why is everything so confusing?

Oh, perquè tot és confús?

Maybe i’m just out of my mind.

Potser ja estic boja.

---
CHORUS





MY PORTFOLIO=)*

This will be my portfolio:

http://laia26sportfolio.blogspot.com/